Genki Nishikigoi and The Goldfish Council are proud and excited to announce the first annual Goldfish Educational Seminar Series, Sale and Match Competition. The 2017 West Coast Goldfish Palooza is August 25, 26 and 27, 2017 at the Genki facility, 1850 S.10th St, suite 14, San Jose, Ca 95112
2017 West Coast Goldfish Palooza Educational Event
The 2017 West Coast Goldfish Palooza is going to be an educational event, with a competition for hobbyist and a direct buy opportunity from some outstanding vendors.
Learn from senior staff of The Goldfish Council about how to make various foods for all your goldfish. Take notes on conditioning for a show or breeding season. Have you ever thought when shopping for fish, pretty fish but not to recognized standards, get the details on how to buy the top four; Oranda, Ryukin, Ranchu and Telescopes.
The Palooza will have a special competition for hobbyist with six classes for the biggest bowl competition ever; American born in 2017 Japanese Ranchu / TVR , 2016 and older Japanese Ranchu / TVR ( imported or domestic), Orandas, Ryukins, Butterflies, and Chinese Ranchu / SVR, Certified TGC judge(s) provided.
Buy in Person: Genki Nishigoi, Coast Gem USA, and others will all have superior stock to look at, purchase and take home. Excellent fish from around the world, including Malaysia, Japan, China, Thailand and Vietnam.
Schedule of Events
Friday – August 25, 2017
- Noon- Set up with volunteers
- 4 pm – 6pm PDT Entries and registration accepted.
Saturday – August 26th, 2017
- 8:00 am Coffee & Tea, Entries and registration accepted
- 9:00 am SEMINAR 0NE – Detailed DIY food, Steamed Eggs and Gel Food
- 10:30 am Short Break
- 11:00 SEMINAR TWO – The Art and Nutrition of grooming for show and competition
- 12:30 a short lunch on the property
- 1:15 pm SEMINAR THREE – Using standards to buy fish, Top View Ranchu, Side View Ranchu, Butterflies, Orandas, and Ryukins
- 4:00pm Entries close, competition preview allowed
- 5:00pm -6:30pm Judging, Raffle
- 7:00pm Clean up
- 7:30pm Winners Review and Awards, Dinner on your own
Sunday August 29- 2017
- 9:00 am Coffee and Tea, group Discussion
- 10:00 am SEMINAR 4 Fundamentals of breeding and raising fry
- 11:30am Discussion on forming a West Coast, The Goldfish Council Chapter
- Noon Volunteers Tear Down, Sales available, shop Genki, Shop Coast Gem NA
- 2:00 pm Adjourn
Donated fish and Products will be raffled on Saturday Evening. Tickets are $5 each Six for $25. Proceeds will go to the next West Coast Goldfish Palooza