2020 West Coast Goldfish Palooza
$0.00 – $65.00
The West Coast Goldfish Palooza is an educational event with lectures, a competition for hobbyist, a direct buy opportunity from some outstanding vendors along with some other fun activities like a raffle and live fish auction. Proceeds go toward funding the event, future events, and to contribute to the cost of the show tanks. General Admission is $10 (free for children under 13 with paying adult). See show details below and select number of tanks that you wish to reserve below. If not entering the show, select “0”.
2020 West Coast Goldfish Palooza IV™ Educational Event
(Lectures, Show, Sale & School)
The West Coast Goldfish Palooza IV (WCGP IV) is primarily an educational event that will host a series of lectures by board members of TGC and guest speakers as well as host a goldfish show and competition. General admission to the event is $10 (free for children under 13 with paying adult) and can be purchased ahead of time or on the day of the event. The General Admission covers you for both the Saturday and Sunday entrance fee including all lectures (Show Entry Cost is Separate)
Buy in Person: Genki Nishigoi, King Koi & Goldfish, Connie’s Pond & Koi, International Aquarium, Coast Gem USA, and Goldfish Kingdom will all have superior goldfish stock to view, purchase and take home. Excellent fish from around the world, including Malaysia, Japan, China, Thailand and Vietnam. Vendor sales are available Saturday from 10:00am-4:00pm and Sunday 10:00am-4:00pm.
WGCP IV will offer two lectures on Saturday, May 2nd at 10:30am and 2:00pm and two lectures on Sunday, May 3rd at 10:30am and 12:00pm. No reservations or additional costs are required to attend the individual lectures. Each lecture has approximately 50 seats and space is available on a first come, first serve basis. Lecture content and guests are currently to be determined, but we will announce as soon as possible.
- Breeding Tips and Tricks with Gary Hater
- Japanese Ranchu with Jeff Thompson
- Best Practices for Stocking and Water Quality with Joshua McWilliams
WCGP IV will have a fancy goldfish competition for hobbyists with eight classes:
- Japanese Ranchu / Top View Ranchu
- Chinese Ranchu / Side View Ranchu
- Telescope Eye – Including Butterfly, Demekin, Broadtail
- Pond Varieties – Including All Single Tail and Long Bodied Goldfish – Wakin, Tamasaba, Shubunkin, etc.
- Other – Including Jikin, Pearlscale, Celestial Eye, Bubble Eye, Pom Pom, Lionhead, Veiltail, Fantail, and Cross-Bred Varieties
The hobbyist competition will be judged in an educational fashion by TGC Certified Judges, Joshua McWilliams, Gary Hater, and apprentice Mark Rausa.
The exhibition entry fee is $15 for the first 20 gallon tank and $10 for each additional tank. You can choose to stock the tank(s) with one, two or three fish depending on their size. Under 3″ fish can be stocked 3 fish per tank, fish between 3″ and 6″ can be stocked 2 fish per tank, and fish 6″+ can be stocked 1 per tank. Space is limited and guaranteed only with preregistration.
To bring your fish to the show, simply pack the fish for transportation (we recommend a large food safe Sterlite container with a battery powered pump running an air stone or sponge filter OR bagged and packed in oxygen) and then bring your fish to the event before entries close at 1:30pm on Saturday. We will check you and your fish in at registration and provide you with your tank number(s). The tanks are pre-filled with 24-hour aged and dechlorinated water, and you can acclimate your fish on site as soon as you arrive.
Raffle & Live Auction
Donated fish and products will be raffled on Sunday Afternoon. Tickets are $5 each or six for $25. Proceeds will go to the next West Coast Goldfish Palooza. On Sunday at 1:30pm we will host a live goldfish auction. Fish for the auction will be provided by TGC breeders and hobbyist as well as on site vendors.
Food & Drink
Food Trucks will be at the event both Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 2pm vending food and beverages. Water will be available for sale during the course of the event at our information tent.
Schedule of Events
Friday – May 1st, 2020
- 4:30pm Set up with Volunteers – We are seeking volunteers, please contact us through our facebook page to inquire about volunteer details or email Mark at [email protected]
Saturday – May 2nd, 2020
- 10:00 am: Admission Starts ($10)
- 10:30am-11:30am: Lecture #1: Best Practices for Stocking and Water Quality with Joshua McWilliams
- 12:00pm- 1:00pm: Lecture #2:
- 1:30-3:30pm: Goldfish Show & Competition
- 3:30pm-4:00pm: Raffle
Sunday – May 3rd, 2020
- 10:00am: Admission Starts ($10)
- 10:30am-11:30am: : Lecture #3: Japanese Ranchu with Jeff Thompson
- 12:00pm-1:00pm: Lecture #4: Breeding Tips and Tricks with Gary Hater
- 1:30pm-2:30pm: Meet and Greet with Special Guest
- 3:00pm-4:00pm: Live Goldfish Auction
- 4:00pm-4:30pm: Raffle
Food Truck: 11am-2pm both days
2020 West Coast Goldfish Council Merch
Pre-sale T-shirts will available soon. Stay tuned to announcement on our Facebook page
|General Admission Ticket (select quantity in cart):||
|Number of Show Tanks:||
0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Date: May 02, 2020
Start time: 10:00 a.m.
End time: 03:00 p.m.
Venue: Genki Nishikigoi
Directions: 1850 S.10th St, #14, San Jose, Ca 95112
Phone: (408) 295-4500
Email: [email protected]