All-American Virtual Goldfish Show
$4.00 – $40.00
The All-American Goldfish Show is an online only goldfish competition. To participate, see the details below, register by purchasing the number of fish you’d like to enter into the competition, upload your photos and video to Instagram with the appropriate hashtags, and send your registrant information to [email protected]
All-American Virtual Goldfish Show Rules
This show is only open to goldfish hobbyists located in the USA, entries maybe imported or locally bred. All fish shown must be the personal and private property of the registrant. This is a hobbyist show; therefore, the entrant cannot be a goldfish professional. For purposes of this show, the definition of a goldfish professional is one whose primary occupation derives income from selling goldfish. Entrants cannot be an immediate relative of a goldfish dealer, an employee of a goldfish dealer, or an agent of a goldfish dealer.
All photos and video for each fish entry must be uploaded/submitted to Instagram using the following hashtag #2021TGCAmerican and an additional hashtag based on the class (#2021TGCAmerican[Class#]) by 11:59 PM PST Saturday, May 15th 2021. Please see The Goldfish Council Instagram account for examples. Please ensure that your Instagram is not on private, or if it is that you have added @the_goldfish_council as a follower.
Please also ensure that the following registrant information is submitted by email to [email protected] by 11:59 PM PST Saturday, May 15th 2021. Multiple entries may be sent in the same email.
- Phone Number:
- TGC Patron Y/N:
- First time entering a Goldfish Show Y/N:
- Instagram Handle:
- Size (Inches):
- US Hobbyist Bred Y/N:
Measurement of goldfish: This will be determined by the total length of the body, from the tip of the nose to the start of the tail. Over 3’ is considered Mature Under 3” is considered Baby. The owner of the fish is encouraged to consult with the goldfish committee on benching questions if they have any concerns of what class a fish should be entered. The decision on final fish placement is ultimately at the discretion of the Show Chair.
Limit of entries: Each individual participant is limited to the following entries.
1. TGC Patrons – Limited to 10 Entries and each entry will be $4.00
2. Non-TCG exhibitors are limited to 5 entries and each entry is $8.00
Benching Submissions: Three individual photos and one video of each fish is needed for benching. Below you will find the details needed.
Side View fish- Chinese Ranchu, Thai Ranchu, Veil Tails, Egg Fish, Oranda, Ryukin, Fantail, Hibuna, Shubunkin, Bristol Shubunkin, High Hump Telescopes, Broadtail Telescopes.
- Picture of the Left side in a clear tank or container
- Picture of the Right side in a clear tank or container
- Top view in a bowl with a US Quarter
- Video of fish in motion between 10-20 seconds in length.
Top View fish- Japanese Ranchu, Azuma Nishiki, Butterfly Telescope, Tosakin, Jikin, Wakin
- Picture of the Left side in hand or in a clear tank or container
- Picture of the Right side in hand or a clear tank or container
- Top view in a bowl or tank in 4-6” of water with a US Quarter
- Video of fish in motion between 30-60 seconds in length in a bowl.
Any contingencies not covered in these rules will be subject to the decision of the
The following categories of goldfish will be recognized: Any other varieties not
mentioned below in class numbers 1-6 will fall under either Pond Variety or Specialty
Variety. If there are more than 10 of any single variety of goldfish that fall in classes 7-8
a separate category may be made by the show committee.
- Side-View Ranchu (Chinese, Thai, etc.)
- Japanese Ranchu
- Pond Varieties
- Specialty Varieties
Judging will take place over the subsequent weeks from the close of the competition. Each Class will be sent to two TGC Certified Judges. They will be scored and placed using our TGC Judging Remark Cards. Scores will be tabulated by our show chair and top fish from each category will be up for the top awards. Two Judges will then be selected as Head judges and place the fish for our top awards. The fish that placed 2nd in the respected category to the fish placed for the top awards will be moved up to class winner.
There will be Awards announced in August for the following:
- Grand Champion- $200 Gift Certificates
- TGC Award $200 Gift Certificates
- Reserve Grand Champion- $150 Gift Certificates
- Baby Champion- $150 Gift Certificate
- Reserve Baby Champion- $100 Gift Certificate
- Judges’ Choice – $50 Gift Certificate
- TGC Novice Award- $50 Gift Certificate
- Class Winners- 1LB Bag, SuperGold Food
Awards will be a combination of various certificates in the above amounts from the show sponsors selected at random.
Sponsors for this show include: The Goldfish Council, Goldfish Kingdom, Luminous Goldfish, King Koi & Goldish, Genki Koi and Dandy Orandas
|Are you a TGC Patron?||
|Number of Show Entries||
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Date: May 15, 2021
End time: 11:59 p.m.
Venue: Virtual - Online