Can-Am All Goldfish Show
$4.00 – $40.00
The Can-Am All Goldfish Show is an online only goldfish competition. To participate, see the details below, register by purchasing the number of fish you’d like to enter into the competition, and then email your photos and video link to [email protected]
Goldfish Show Rules
This show is only open to goldfish hobbyists located in Canada & USA, entries maybe imported or locally bred. All fish shown must be the personal and private property of the registrant. This is a hobbyist show; therefore, the entrant cannot be a goldfish professional. For purposes of this show, the definition of a goldfish professional is one whose primary occupation derives income from selling goldfish. Entrants cannot be an immediate relative of a goldfish dealer, an employee of a goldfish dealer, or an agent of a goldfish dealer.
Fish entry must be submitted & emailed to [email protected] by 11:59 EST Tuesday, June 30th. Any late entries must be pre-approved by the Show Chair, entry fees are doubled, and decisions will be solely based on the benching video timelines. Entries must first be submitted through the website along with an email that includes the following info for each individual entry:
- Phone Number:
- TGC Patron Y/N:
- First time entering a Goldfish ShowY/N:
- Size (Inches):
- US or CAN Hobbyist Bred Y/N:
Measurement of goldfish: This will be determined by the total length of the body, from the tip of the nose to the start of the tail. Over 3’ is considered Mature Under 3” is considered Baby. The owner of the fish is encouraged to consult with the goldfish committee on benching questions if they have any concerns of what class a fish should be entered. The decision on final fish placement is ultimately at the discretion of the Show Chair.
Limit of entries: Each individual participant is limited to the following entries.
1. TGC Patrons – Limited to 10 Entries and each entry will be $4.00
2. Non-TCG exhibitors are limited to 5 entries and each entry is $8.00
Benching Submissions: Three individual photos and one video of each fish is needed for benching. Below you will find the details needed.
Side View fish- Chinese Ranchu, Veil Tails, Egg Fish, Oranda, Ryukin, Fantail, Hibuna, Shubunkin, Bristol Shubunkin, High Hump Telescopes, Broadtail Telescopes.
- Picture of the Left side in a clear tank or container
- Picture of the Right side in a clear tank or container
- Top view in a bowl with a US or Canadian Quarter
- Video of fish in motion between 10-20 seconds in length.
Top View fish- Japanese Ranchu, Azuma Nishiki, Butterfly Telescope, Tosakin, Jikin, Wakin
- Picture of the Left side in hand or in a clear tank or container
- Picture of the Right side in hand or a clear tank or container
- Top view in a bowl or tank in 4-6” of water with a US or Canadian Quarter
- Video of fish in motion between 10-20 seconds in length in a bowl.
Any contingencies not covered in these rules will be subject to the decision of the
The following categories of goldfish will be recognized: Any other varieties not
mentioned below in class numbers 1-5 will fall under either Pond Variety or Specialty
Variety. If there are more than 10 of any single variety of goldfish that fall in classes 6-7
a separate category may be made by the show committee.
- Chinese Ranchu
- Japanese Ranchu
- Pond Varieties
- Specialty Varieties
Judging will take place over the month of July. Each Class will be sent to two TGC Certified Judges. They will be scored and placed using our TGC Judging Remark Cards. Scores will be tabulated by our show chair and top fish from each category will be up for the top awards. Two Judges will then be selected as Head judges and place the fish for our top awards. The fish that placed 2nd in the respected category to the fish placed for the top awards will be moved up to class winner.
There will be Awards announced in August (date to be determined over a live podcast) given for:
- Grand Champion- $150 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish & a TGC Engraved Prize
- TGC Award (fish must have been bred by a North American Hobbyist) $150.00 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish a TGC Engraved Prize
- Reserve Grand Champion- $75.00 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish a TGC Engraved Prize
- Baby Champion- $75.00 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish a TGC Engraved Prize
- Reserve Baby Champion- $50.00 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish a TGC Engraved Prize
- TGC Novice Award- $50.00 Gift Certificate to King Koi and Goldfish a TGC Engraved Prize
- Class Winners- A TGC Engraved Prize
- Baby Class Winners- A TGC Engraved Prize
Sponsored in part by King Koi and Goldfish!!!!
|Are you a TGC Patron?||
|Number of Show Entries||
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Date: June 30, 2020
Start time: 11:59 p.m.
End time: 12:00 a.m.
Venue: Virtual - Online